Google IOT MQTT Sample¶
This sample application demonstrates a “full stack” application. This currently is able to
- Acquire a DHCPv4 lease.
- Connect to an SNTP server and acquire current time
- Establish a TLS connection with the Google IOT Cloud servers
- Publish data to the Google IOT Cloud
- Send/Receive keep alive / pings from cloud server
The source code for this sample application can be found at: samples/net/google_iot_mqtt.
- Entropy source
- Google IOT Cloud account
- Google IOT Cloud credentials and required information
- Network connectivity
Building and Running¶
This application has been built and tested on the NXP FRDMK64F. RSA or ECDSA certs/keys are required to authenticate to the Google IOT Cloud. The application includes a key creation script.
create_keys.py script in the
Users will also be required to configure the following Kconfig options based on their Google Cloud IOT project:
- CLOUD_CLIENT_ID - created from <telemetry>/<region>/registries/<registry name>/devices/<device name>
- CLOUD_AUDIENCE - created from telemetry without projects on front
- CLOUD_SUBSCRIBE_CONFIG - created from /devices/<device name>/config
- CLOUD_PUBLISH_TOPIC - created from /devices/<device name>/state